The Liver Lemon Dare to Care is a campaign to bring awareness and raise critical funds to find cures and provide treatment to the millions of Americans that are affected by over 100 different types of liver disease.
Why should you dare to care about liver disease?
Because you can’t live without your liver, and liver disease doesn’t discriminate. No matter your age, ethnic background and social economic status, anyone can be affected by liver disease!
Can I get more involved with the American Liver Foundation?
Yes, we are always looking for volunteer leadership to help us in quest to eradicate liver disease! You can contact your local division by going to www.liverfoundation.org.
How do I take the dare
It’s easy! Click here for instructions.
Do I have to follow the script?
No, we want you to be creative and have fun! Just remember we want to bring awareness to liver disease and raise funds for our mission.
Do I have to donate if I take the dare?
No, bringing awareness to liver disease is one more step to educating people how important their liver is. But, making a donation will help us continue to fund research, educate our youth and advocate for those with liver disease.
Because they’re good for your liver and the rest of your body. Here’s a good article about the benefits of drinking water with lemons, click to read.
We are the #1 source of liver information in the U.S. Consider these amazing facts about liver disease in the country:
- Approximately 5.5 million Americans are living with chronic liver disease or cirrhosis.
- Approximately 4.4 million Americans are living with hepatitis B or C; most do not that they are affected.
- Veterans enrolled for care at VA have higher rates (5.4%) of HCV infection than the
general U.S. population (1.8%).
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) is on the rise. 20-30% of adults and 3-10% of children have excessive fat in the liver or NAFLD. Which can lead to serious liver disease called non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
- Liver cancer incidence has more than tripled since 1980.
- Your liver is important and it has many functions. The top three are that it cleans your blood of toxins, gives you energy and produces bile for digestion.
- Everything you eat, drink and breathe is filtered through your liver.
- You cannot live without your liver.
- The American Liver Foundation has given over 25 million dollars to research to help find cures and treatments for liver disease.
- We educate the public, those affected by liver disease and Healthcare Professional. In 2015 we educated 33,000 through our national educational programs and our Division Specific programs.
- Just under 6,000 people contacted our national hotline.
- Our 14 divisions throughout the country support the complex needs of patients and their families.
- Our Advocacy efforts change the way dollars are spent both locally and nationally.
We ask you to participate in the Liver Lemon Dare to Care and help us fight liver disease.
For more information about the American Liver Foundation, click here.