How to Liver Lemon Dare to Care
- Dare or accept the dare
- Make a donation to American Liver Foundation here.
- Prepare materials
- Buy lemons
- Cut the lemons into quarters
- Prepare to pucker up
- Film it (ask a friend!) and remember to keep it short! Here’s a sample script to use:
“I’m _____ and I am taking the Liver Lemon Dare to Care for the American Liver Foundation, and I’m asking _____, _____, and _____ to help care for those affected by liver disease by taking the dare and donating to ALF. You have 24 hours. Go!”
- Upload your video to Facebook, YouTube, Twitter or Instagram. Make sure that you tag the American Liver Foundation and the friends you’d like to challenge. Don’t forget to use the #liverlemondare hashtag when sharing your video!
- “Double Dog Dare” your friends, if you’d like. Those dared have to eat two wedges or double their donation!
ALF Social Media Information and tips for a successful dare:
- Get Creative- do something that’s a little out of the ordinary!
- Pucker up- the success of the dare hinges on your ability to get others excited, so have fun with it and be expressive!
- Pick at least three friends to dare and call them out. Make sure you tag them on the social media site you’re using so that they see your dare.
- Shoot for the stars and try to dare someone famous!
- Remember to use the hashtag #liverlemondare and try to tag the American Liver Foundation whenever possible (@liverinfo on Facebook, @americanliver on Instagram and @liverUSA on Twitter).
- Follow up with the people you dare to make sure they respond and dare others..
- Make sure to share your video with as many people as possible. Make sure to include the link to http://www.liverlemondare.org to give people more information about the dare.
Here are the links to the ALF social media accounts: